Current App Version: 1.2.17 and FW Version: 1.9.4
Download CABLE Util App
- In the App Store for iOS devices, download CABLE Util app. This application is used to configure your sensors to the CABLE unit. If the app shows a firmware update pop-up, please install it for best use.
- Open your desired fitness application. Each one has a slightly different process, but if the app is BLE compatible, there should be a setting for connecting accessories. Connect your accessories to CABLE using the same assignment* which is used by your fitness app (see CABLE Setup).
- Refer to the individual application help section for understanding how to connect your accessories. You should see your sensor data in the application.
NOTE: This is the only time you need an iOS device with CABLE. After your sensors are configured with the app, you no longer need the CABLE Util app on an iOS device. However, you will need it for firmware and app updates, and if you add a new sensor or have two sensor setups, you’ll need the CABLE Util app again to change the sensor set or configure a new sensor.
- With the CABLE Util App open, turn your sensors on, activate them throughout the entire setting up process and keep them within range (3 meters).
- CABLE is always on, so move it close to your iOS device to connect it to the CABLE Util App. The top part should turn light blue once connected to CABLE.
- With your CABLE now turned on and nearby/attached to your bike, tap on the menu in the CABLE Util app and select “Scan ANT+ Sensors.”
- Tap the boxes to check-mark the sensors that you want to use.
- Tap “Save Sensor” at the top. Your sensors should be paired. You may only pair one of each type of sensor (heart rate, cadence, etc.) in any given sensor set- A or B.
ANT+ <-> BLE
- Under <Assignments> tab (middle tab), choose what assignment to use depending on the sensors and the fitness app you are using.
- Identify which ANT+ sensors you are using when selecting your assignments indicated from the ANT+ (IN) tab.
- Determine the Bluetooth assignment by what Bluetooth service you need according to the type of ANT+ sensor you have (eg: Heart Rate Monitor- choose HRM).
- Make sure the fitness app you use matches the assignment and ANT+ sensor you are using. Do NOT select all of the Bluetooth services. Selecting all of the Bluetooth services may cause connectivity issues and/or drop outs.
- Then, select “Save Assignments” at the top once you have chosen your Bluetooth services.
HRS: Heart Rate
CPS: Cycling Power
CSCS: Cycling Speed and Cadence
RSCS: Running Speed and Cadence
FTMS: Fitness Machine Service (use for treadmill, cross trainer, step climber, etc.)
- TrainerRoad allows only 1 supported service.
- Finally, in the BLE (out) tab, you will see that your CABLE is outputting your sensors’ data.
- Completely CLOSE the CABLE Util app once you are have saved your assignments. If you do not completely close the CABLE Util app, the Bluetooth connection to your sensors and CABLE will still be there so you will not be able to connect to your fitness app.
Connect Fitness Application
- Turn on/activate your sensors.
- Move the CABLE close to your sensors and your phone/tablet/AppleTV.
- Turn on your fitness application. Activate your sensors. Connect your ANT+ sensors in your fitness app by selecting the CABLE option/Bluetooth name you customized in the CABLE Util app.
- MapMyRide requires the user to reinstall the app in order to change sensors.
NOTE: If you are running iOS 13.0, you will need to enable Bluetooth Sharing for CABLE Util and your fitness application in order for your CABLE to be visible in your fitness application. You can do this by going into your device settings and finding the CABLE Util app and your fitness application and selecting both and enabling Bluetooth Sharing.
- Turn off your fitness app.
- Turn your sensors off. CABLE will automatically disconnect and go in a low power battery state.