CABLE supports the BLE Fitness Machine Service (FTMS) for controlling controllable ANT+
FE-C and ANT Saris CycleOps trainers.
The application on the mobile device needs to support FTMS for the feature to work.
Supported applications include TrainerRoad, The Sufferfest, Zwift, and Kinomap. Other applications are in the works including Rouvy.
Saris CycleOps/PowerTap Trainers have their own special setup:
1. To use your Saris CycleOps and PowerTap devices, in the CABLE Util app with you CABLE turned on and your device activated, select "Scan ANT+ Sensors" in the menu.
2. Select your device and tap on "Save Sensors" at the top.
3. In the ANT+ <-> BLE tab, select the FTMS service and make sure the CycleOps/PowerTap profile is selected. Select "Save Assignments" at the top. If you have a secondary speed or cadence sensor you would like to use in addition the CycleOps/PowerTap device and have setup CABLE to track the sensor you can select these ANT+ profiles as the source for the data rather than the CycleOps/PowerTap profile.
4. Finally, the BLE tab shows your Bluetooth output.
5. Close the CABLE Util app and move onto using the CycleOps/PowerTap device with your FTMS enabled fitness application via the CABLE connectivity.
The older generation Saris CycleOps trainers that support the legacy custom ANT protocol can be controlled via the CABLE from apps that support FTMS BLE control. To configure the CABLE to track these devices, you will need to use the CABLE Util application and select the "Scan CycleOps/PowerTap" in the menu to scan for Saris devices. This puts the CABLE into a special mode that supports the Saris specific proprietary interface. Once the Saris device is selected and saved, you then move on to assigning the ANT+ sensors to the BLE services.
Please sign in to leave a comment.